- 5 Full Length Simulation Wonderlic Style Timed Tests
- 5 Shorter Simulation Wonderlic Style Timed Tests
- Basic Math, Numerical Reasoning & Series Tests
- Verbal Reasoning Tests
- Logical Reasoning Tests (Inductive & Deductive)
- Error Checking Tests
- Personality Tests – Bonus!!!
How to Pass the Wonderlic Test: a 2023 Guide
Cognitive assessments are a common activity for those seeking a new career. That’s because these types of pre-employment assessment can give an accurate, generalize view at the applicant’s learning ability. Whether you are seeking an entry-level position or a management role, cognitive assessments give employers a view at how your brain will handle new information and responsibilities.
One popular Cognitive assessment is the Wonderlic Test. This test has been around since 1936 but is frequently updated as science gets a deeper understanding of cognitive abilities and their role in the workplace. Today, we will look at this exam and discuss the best way to prepare yourself to take it.
What is the Wonderlic Test?
The Wonderlic Test, also known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test and the Wonderlic Contemporary Cognitive Ability Test, is one of the most well-known pre-employment evaluations out there. It consists of 50 multiple-choice questions and is timed to 12 minutes. This standard of a high number of questions and a short time limit is now essentially the industry standard in cognitive assessments.
The questions and their subjects – mathematical and verbal reasoning – are backed by science and meticulously designed to ensure accuracy in results.
The test also has a “short” version known as the Wonderlic Personnel Quick-Test. This includes 30 questions that must be answered in 8 minutes.
Will I Have to Take the Wonderlic Test?
Thousands of companies utilize the Wonderlic Test, but here are a few of the biggest names:
- Farmers Insurance
- Express Employment Professionals
- Miracle Ear
- OmniStar Financial
- Police Entities Across the US
- Many Career Recruitment Agencies
- And more
What is great about cognitive testing is that the results are applicable to all positions, which means you may be required to take this or another cognitive exam no matter which position you seek. The best way to determine which pre-employment exams you must take is to speak with the recruiter or hiring agent for the company in question.
How is the Wonderlic Test Issued and Scored?
The Wonderlic test is scored based on the number of correct answers you receive out of the 50 given questions. This means that someone who answers 30 questions right and 20 questions wrong has the same score as someone who answered 30 questions right but skipped the other 20 questions.
Once your score is counted, it will be compared to the target score for someone in your sought position. If you match or exceed that score, then you have passed the exam. It is unlikely that you will be told the target score before testing, however, 25/50 is considered an average score.
The test is issued on a computer and is usually proctored (monitored by a testing professional) to keep you from utilizing a calculator or other devices. Some companies require you to take the test on site, while other let you use a public testing facility or even your home computer.
Wonderlic Test FAQs
How Many Questions Are on the Wonderlic Test?
The Wonderlic Test contains 50 questions.
Is the Wonderlic Test Timed?
Yes. You will have 12 minutes to answer 50 questions.
How Many Times Can I take the Wonderlic Test?
Just once per job. If you do not reach the needed score, you will likely be sent home without the job. However, if you apply at a new company and they request you take the test, you will be taking the exam again – not using your original score.
Can I use A Calculator on the Wonderlic Test?
No. You may not use a calculator, phone, or other device on the Wonderlic Test.
How Is the Wonderlic Test Scored?
The Wonderlic Test is scored by the amount of correctly answered questions out of 50. For example: If you only answer 40/50 questions and 35 of those are correct answers, you will receive a score of 35/50.
What if I score 50/50 on The Wonderlic Test?
This isn’t impossible, but not very common! If you somehow manage a perfect score, you will have a lot of employment opportunities ahead of you.
How Do I Prepare for the Wonderlic Test?
Preparation can be done by utilizing the practice tests and prep guides on JobAssessmentHelp.com
Quick Tips for Succeeding at the Wonderlic Test
- Take a Practice Test to See Where You Need Help: Taking a Wonderlic practice test allows you to get a good understanding of the areas where you need extra help.
- Only Use the Highest Quality Practice Materials: Don’t settle for just any practice test. The Wonderlic practice materials at JobAssessmentHelp are professionally crafted by those who know what it takes to get a great Wonderlic score.
- Understand the Time Limit and Don’t Panic: The 12-minute timer can sound intimidating, but good testing practice can keep you from panicking. If you know which questions you won’t be able to answer, you can skip them and save yourself a lot of wasted time.
- Use More Than One Practice Test: JobAssessmentHelp’s Wonderlic practice bundle comes with more than one practice test, which keeps you from subconsciously memorizing the answers (which won’t help you in the long run). By taking multiple tests, you can actually improve your ability to pass the real test.
- Be Confident: Don’t go into your test with fear, if you have practiced properly the Wonderlic test will be a breeze!
Start practicing today and improve your performance on the real tests.